RSS Feed

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

twitter RT feature

while i still have yet to receive a google wave invite (cough cough) i was smitten to see this upon logging into my twitter this fine morning (pay no attention to the ron weasley behind the message)


needless to say i was excited, especially after twitter shafted me from the lists experiment as well. but as i continued to test the RT function, the excitement died a bit. while the new addition saves users from C+P methods of retweeting, it automatically posts the tweets rather than copy the message into the text box at the top. why does this bug me? because users cannot add a comment to the post they are retweeting, which is something i frequently do.

       
another cool addition that comes with this is its similarity to the 'like' button on facebook as shown above.  as far as my knowledge tells me, this is the first time we see quantitative metrics on a tweet, which is pretty cool in terms of measuring word of mouth in the twitterverse.

 something else that came up on my feed were from users i was not following. while the stubborn me would argue that 'theres a reason i'm not following them' it also introduced me to users who my friends liked and RT'ed. interesting feature, and while i trust my friends' judgments this could get moderately annoying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment